Subject: bug#27878: closed (Re: bug#24503: unstable test results (on hydra))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 04:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24503: eieio :static test failure on Debian armhf buildd

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24503: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24503
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24503: unstable test results (on hydra)
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 23:02:05 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.0.91

I've tagged the relevant tests as unstable and skipped them by default.
I will tag more tests as unstable if and when they come up.

Subject: eieio :static test failure on Debian armhf buildd
From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:22:41 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Now that the tests are running on all of the buildd's there was less
trouble than I'd imagined, but there were a couple of failures:

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=emacs25&suite=sid

In particular the armhf tests failed like this
(https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=emacs25&arch=armhf&ver=25.2%2B1-3&stamp=1501385944&raw=0):

  Testing /«BUILDDIR»/emacs25-25.2+1/debian/build-src/test/automated/eieio-test-methodinvoke.elc
  Running 9 tests (2017-07-30 03:34:50+0000)
     passed  1/9  eieio-test-cl-generic-1
     passed  2/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-10
     passed  3/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-3
     passed  4/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-4
     passed  5/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-5
  Test eieio-test-method-order-list-6 backtrace:
    eieio-test-match(((:STATIC C) (:STATIC C-base1) (:STATIC C-base2)))
    #[nil "\302\303\304\302!\210	\237\305!*\207" [ans eieio-test-met
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test eieio-test-method-order-list-6 nil 
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats (not (tag :expensive-tes
    ert-run-tests((not (tag :expensive-test)) #[385 "\306\307\"\203G\2
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :expensive-test)))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :expensive-test)))
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit (quote (not (tag :expensive-test)
    command-line-1(("-L" ":/«BUILDDIR»/emacs25-25.2+1/debian/b
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test eieio-test-method-order-list-6 condition:
      (error "eieio-test-methodinvoke.el: Test Failed: ((:STATIC C) (:STATIC C-base1) (:STATIC C-base2)) != ((:STATIC C))")
     FAILED  6/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-6
     passed  7/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-7
     passed  8/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-8
  next-method-p called outside of a primary or around method
  next-method-p called outside of a primary or around method
     passed  9/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-9

  Ran 9 tests, 8 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2017-07-30 03:34:50+0000)

  1 unexpected results:
     FAILED  eieio-test-method-order-list-6

I'd be happy to help test on one of our porterboxes if that ends up
being useful.

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4