Subject: bug#24500: 25.1.50; Can't other-window from minibuffer if Ediff control panel frame present

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 19:37:44 +0200

> I've been using the window.c patch for a few days and I haven't noticed
 > any badness.

I see the following problem with emacs -Q:

Evaluate

(make-frame '((minibuffer . nil)))

In the minibuffer-less frame do M-x

In the minibuffer type C-x 5 o

In the minibuffer-less frame type C-x 5 o

Now back in the minibuffer typing C-x o does nothing.  You can only get
out via C-x 5 o.

The situation improves on the unpatched one because there is a way out
of this loop and in particular one your typed before.  Still this is
only a 50% solution.  When we do C-x o and we do not redirect focus as
in the frame.c patch, frame focus sticks on the minibuffer.  We should
tell Windows to direct focus back to the minibuffer-less frame.  I'll
check this on GNU/Linux tomorrow.  In any case, consider reconsidering.

martin