Subject: bug#24496: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 20:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24496: offloading should fall back to local build after n tries

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24496: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24496
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 22:56:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing, the question is also discussed by ngraves on codeberg.

Andreas

Subject: offloading should fall back to local build after n tries
From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:39:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I forgot that my build machine is offline and I did not pass
--no-build-hook, the offloading keeps trying forever until I had to
cancel the build, boot the build-machine and started the build again.

A solution could be a config option or default behavior which after
failing to offload for n times gives up and uses the local builder.

Is this desired at all? Setups like hydra could get problems, but for
small setups with the same architecture there could be a solution beyond
--no-build-hook?
-- 
              ng0