Subject: Re: bug#24492: 24.5; Emacs unresponsive when sending buffer or region to Octave

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 04:25:21 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, the `C-c C-i C-a' command in octave-mode is totally synchronous
> (per line).  I wondered whether you can just avoid splitting up the
> region into lines and just send them to the process, and that works
> fine, as far as I can see.
>
> And it fixes the test case.
>
> However, I'm not an octave-mode user.  Does anybody have a comment on
> making a change like this?

Nobody had any comments in a month, so I went ahead and pushed the
change.  It doesn't seem to regress using octave-mode for me, but like I
said -- I don't use it, really.  So if this causes regressions, please
pipe up, and we'll revert.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no