Subject: Re: bug#34954: 26.1.92; eshell gets loaded twice

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:55:09 -0400

merge 34954 24491
tags 34954 fixed
close 34954 27.1
quit

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Anyway, my recipe was meant to provide evidence that eshell gets loaded
> twice.  That still happens, either eshell-load-hook or
> with-eval-after-load is used in real code.  It would be good to solve
> that double loading.  That way, either eshell-load-hook (until it is
> obsoleted, if it eventually happens) or with-eval-after-load (any order
> of execution) can be used.

Yep, makes sense, I've pushed your patch [1: 5e55b1b829].  To your
question about a better solution, I think it would require a major
reorganizing of eshell's code to avoid circular requires, and we already
have some prior art where some eshell have the provide at the top, so we
may as well go with what you posted.

[1: 5e55b1b829]: 2019-04-03 22:47:10 -0400
  Avoid recursive load of eshell
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=5e55b1b82952a03b704c464e8086d3c41e993a46