Subject: bug#24483: 25.1; sql-mode error due to nil prompt-cont-regexp

From: Pablo Mercader Alcántara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:53:44 -0400

I'm having this same problem using ms-sql-server. I've been triying to
make it work playing with edebug but haven't made any progress, if I
find a way to work around this or something I'll place it here.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-11-15 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.10240
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Result: "(1 row affected)\nMsg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Server
INTRANETDB, Line 1\nCould not find stored procedure 'l'.\n
\n ----------- \n           1 \n\n"

Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

error in process filter: edebug-signal: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Quit [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/pmercader/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/cygwin-mount-20131111.1346/cygwin-mount
hides d:/share/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/cygwin/cygwin-mount

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils edebug debug
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe magit-utils dash rect vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source
eieio eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete format-spec advice
json map find-func help-fns sql view thingatpt misearch multi-isearch
vc-dispatcher vc-svn nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
nxml-enc xmltok edmacro kmacro cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
setup-cygwin cygwin-mount ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring cl-seq
yasnippet misterioso-theme finder-inf info package epg-config windmove
ido seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu
cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 403940 43396)
 (symbols 56 32319 0)
 (miscs 48 187 569)
 (strings 32 61799 11981)
 (string-bytes 1 1812321)
 (vectors 16 49325)
 (vector-slots 8 907506 34336)
 (floats 8 863 484)
 (intervals 56 23167 362)
 (buffers 976 33))