Subject: bug#24467: 25.1; package

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 18:01:37 -0400

merge 24467 21703
quit

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:29 AM, SK Kim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> After i set gnu and mepla for pacakage-archives in my init.el as
> below,
>
> (package-initialize)
> (setq package-archives
>     '(("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/")
>      ("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/")))
>
> whenever i start package-list-packages, status of mepla packages is
> always new.

Seems to be the same as #21703 "25.0.50; package.el: Thousands of new
packages each day", but I'm not able to reproduce.

I put the above as my init.el in a temporary HOME dir, when I run
package-list-packages melpa packages are all "available" for me.

  0blayout           20160919.823  available  melpa      Layout
grouping with ease
  2048-game          20151026.1233 available  melpa      play 2048 in Emacs
  4clojure           20131014.1507 available  melpa      Open and
evaluate 4clojure.com questions
  @                  20140707.520  available  melpa
multiple-inheritance prototype-based objects DSL
...