Subject: 25.1; term does not keep point position when switching buffers

From: Tijs Mallaerts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 21:46:12 +0000

To reproduce:
- start a terminal emulator with M-x term
- switch to other buffer
- switch back to *terminal* buffer

When switching back to the terminal buffer, the point position is not kept,
but set to point-min.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-09-17 built on kubuntu
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nl_BE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nl_BE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: nl_BE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86314 8240)
 (symbols 48 19667 0)
 (miscs 40 46 146)
 (strings 32 14237 4673)
 (string-bytes 1 410227)
 (vectors 16 11743)
 (vector-slots 8 430828 5967)
 (floats 8 165 51)
 (intervals 56 203 0)
 (buffers 976 19)
 (heap 1024 39254 1011))