Subject: bug#24464: 25.1; python.el virtualenv

From: Pim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 00:52:36 +0200

After setting the variable python-shell-virtualenv-root to the path of a
virtual environment and running the run-python command the virtualenv
doesn't get used.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2016-09-17 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.14926
Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2
  -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
You can run the command ‘eval-buffer’ with M-x ev-b RET
You can run the command ‘run-python’ with M-x r-py RET
Shell native completion is disabled, using fallback
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
kmacro compile warnings tramp-cache python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
pcomplete format-spec advice json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv comint ring cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib ansi-color time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 225628 10804)
  (symbols 56 23171 0)
  (miscs 48 53 150)
  (strings 32 27484 7701)
  (string-bytes 1 879903)
  (vectors 16 38112)
  (vector-slots 8 711739 6301)
  (floats 8 237 36)
  (intervals 56 257 15)
  (buffers 976 20))