Subject: bug#24456: 25.1; [PATCH] Caps-lock doesn't affect interpretation of key chords

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 18:22:55 +0300

> From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:30:21 -0700
> 
> > We already have an inline function 'uppercasep', which you could use;
> > it supports any character that Emacs supports.
> 
> OK. In that case, how about the attached patch? Tested working on gtk.

Thanks.  However, this doesn't look right to me: your code is entirely
inside the following condition:

	if (event->kind == ASCII_KEYSTROKE_EVENT)

So it will not do anything for non-ASCII keystrokes.  You should move
the code out of that condition, I think.

> +                if (uppercasep(c) &&
> +                    !(event->modifiers & shift_modifier) )

A nit: our coding standards request a space between the function name
and the opening parenthesis that follows it, and no spaces between
closing parentheses.