Subject: bug#24453: Hyper and super keys don't work in some branches

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 10:33:00 +0300

> From: Mambo Levis <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 00:44:04 +0200
> 
> OS: Windows 10 
> When I build emacs from master the super and Hyper keys work as expected. On the other hand, if I build
> emacs from branch emacs-25 or any emacs 25 pretest both keys don't work. 
> These are the git commands that I am using: 
> 
> $ git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git 
> $ git clone --depth 1 git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git 
> 
> $ git clone --depth 1 --branch emacs-25 git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git 

The master branch includes changes to keyboard input handling on
Windows that are not on the release branch.  In general, only very
important changes are back-ported from the master to the release
branch, and this issue is not critical enough to warrant that.

So I'm considering this bug as fixed already.

That being said, Super and Hyper are supposed to work even in the
release branch.  I just tried these two settings:

 (setq w32-apps-modifier 'super)
 (setq w32-lwindow-modifgier 'hyper)

And after that, "C-h c Apps-c" says "s-c is undefined" and
"C-h c LWindows-s" says "H-s is undefined".  So this appears to work
for me; feel free to tell the details about how they don't work for
you, perhaps some change in your customizations is in order.