Subject: bug#24453: Hyper and super keys don't work in some branches

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 20:02:56 +0300

> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:42:14 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Mambo Levis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
> 	"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Eli >>With what customizations did you try that? Yours or those suggested
> by Robert?
> Levis >>> Robert's and my configurations are the same, it is not a problem of configuration. I made the
> following
> tests without using Roberts configuration (lets consider the following key sequence s-a)
> 1. In emacs 24.5 official release it works.
> 2. In emacs master branch it also works
> 
> 3. In emacs-25 branch it doesn't work
> 4. In any emacs-25 pretest binaries it doesn't work
> 5. In emacs 25.1 oficial release it doesn't work (currently release)
> 
> So, it is clear that the configuration is not the problem. 
> Any idea or suggestion?

No suggestions.  If setting w32-use-fallback-wm-chars-method to a
non-nil value doesn't help, I don't know how this is possible, since
there's no other difference between Emacs 24.5 and 25.1 I know about
regarding keyboard support.

Let me understand what exactly is the nature of the problem: is it
true that only _some_ hyper- and super- key combinations don't work?
Or do none of them work in Emacs 25.1?