Subject: bug#24442: gettext: No PO mode for Emacs (or wrong description)

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:03:41 +0300

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer (2016-09-15 09:04 +0200) wrote:

> The description for [email-masked]`` (current) includes this sentence:
>
>     It provides translators with the means to create message catalogs,
>     as well as an Emacs mode to work with them, and a runtime library to
>     load translated messages from the catalogs.
>
> However, no output of the package includes the files for Emacs.

This is fixed in 'core-updates' branch now:
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=9e01589469abd89e035450d29026f0e14add6801>,
however since the fix is not available for users (until core-updates
will be merged into master) I think it's better to leave this bug
opened.

Once the fix appears in 'master' (I will let you know when it happens),
a user could do "guix pull" and install (or update) 'gettext' in his/her
profile.  Then 'po-mode' will become available by default (without any
additional settings in user's .emacs), it means that whenever you will
open .po file, 'po-mode' will be loaded and enabled automatically.

-- 
Alex