Subject: [[email-masked]: Using arch for kernel config file breaks kernel builds]

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:01:08 -0400

----- Forwarded message from Carlos Sánchez de La Lama <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:17:51 +0200
From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Using arch for kernel config file breaks kernel builds
User-Agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/24.3 (gnu/linux)

Hi guys,

seems a commit yesterday (c258807a) broke kernel compilation on
i686. When searching for kernel configuration file,
system->linux-architecture reduces i686 to i386, but no matching
configuration file exists.

I see two options:
1) go back to using system instead of arch (which would allow different
config files for, say, i386 and i686).
2) rename all i686 config files to i386.

In any case, current HEAD does not build 32-bit x86 kernels. I have
renamed config file ti -i386 in my local copy to be able to build.

BR

Carlos

-- 
'Common misconception that; than fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it
right.'

Iain M. Banks, "The Player of Games" (1988)

----- End forwarded message -----