Subject: bug#24439: ispell.el; cutom setting `ispell-library-directory'; patch

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 13:30:50 +0200

2016-10-07 10:58 GMT+02:00 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:

> Agustin, could you please take a look at the proposed patch?  TIA.
>
> > From: Laimonas Vėbra <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 13:33:08 +0300
> >
> > Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >
> > >> Sorry, that is not true (mistakenly thought, that fopen won't work
> with
> > >> windows paths). Then i should really rebuild ispell with LIBDIR set to
> > >> native path and it will work with Emacs.
> > >
> > > I think you don't even need that.  You need to set ISPELL_DICTDIR in
> > > the environment to point to that directory.
> > >
> > > (The reason I didn't suggest this earlier is that I didn't know Cygwin
> > > can fopen Windows-style absolute file names.)
> >
> > Actually that won't work with current ispell.el, because LIBRARYVAR is
> > completely ignored and dictionaries searched only in LIBDIR (though it
> > can be overridden by LIBRARYVAR).
> >
> > Fixed this and other (-d with an absolute path) issues in attached patch.
>

Hi, Eli

I had a look at your patch and it looks really fine, thanks for caring
about this. Needed to first read the whole thread (gmail decided to tag
part of it as spam) and refresh my lisp a bit, I am currently busy with
other things and am less responsive.

I have also run some tests with it, and seems to work very well regarding
dictionary selection. Did not check actual spellchecking (Checked with an
old 24.4.1 where at least a function is not available, but could at least
check that lists of available dictionaries)

Best regards,

-- 
Agustin