Subject: 25.1; tramp-cleanup-connection is not removing connection from completion list.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 07:35:49 +0200

To reproduce:
C-x C-f /sudo:: RET
M-x tramp-cleanup-connection
Choose connection and RET

The connection is closed (process deleted and buffers killed) but the
connection is not removed from tramp-cache-data so when doing again
M-x tramp-cleanup-connection the item still remaining in completion.

The reason is that tramp try to remove 
["sudo" "root" "localhost" "" nil] from hash-table
whereas the key in hash-table is
["sudo" "root" "localhost" nil nil]
This is due to tramp-dissect-file-name that returns
["sudo" "root" "localhost" "" nil] instead of
["sudo" "root" "localhost" nil nil]

In GNU Emacs 25.1.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-09-08 built on dell-14z
Repository revision: 139289426d1b2c90335cec86c5ac19c51bf08bfc
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-top-poll-mode: t
  helm-push-mark-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Setting up indent for shell type sh
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type sh
Restoring buffers...done
Decrypting /home/thierry/.authinfo.gpg...done
Mark set
Quit
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Saved to kill-ring: tramp-cleanup-connection
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-element
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-src
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-install
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-info
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-version
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-list
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-id
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-table
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160905/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/boxquote-20081011.1326/boxquote hides ~/elisp/boxquote
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap emacsbug tramp-cmds helm-command epa-file
tramp-cache js sgml-mode imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs conf-mode
vc-filewise vc-rcs ledger-config ledger vc-dispatcher vc-hg flymake jedi
auto-complete jedi-core python-environment epc ctable concurrent
deferred python json map vc-git naquadah-theme solar cal-dst holidays
hol-loaddefs em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt
em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner
em-alias tv-utils powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes
windmove benchmark-init toc-org ert ewoc debug elp cl-indent esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util markdown-mode preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads addressbook-bookmark mu4e-config org-mu4e org-element
avl-tree helm-mu mu4e-contrib mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-speedbar
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-context mu4e-view epa
derived mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368
smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
mu4e-lists mu4e-vars hl-line cl mu4e-meta config-w3m w3m-search w3m
doc-view subr-x jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util
git-gutter cus-edit wid-edit appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs ange-ftp
xdvi-search eldoc-eval undo-tree diff magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor tramp-sh server dash
pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu psession iterator iedit
iedit-lib dired-extension org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
dired-async net-utils time winner w3m-wget wget wget-sysdep cmake-mode
autotest-mode autoconf-mode sh-script smie executable ps-print ps-def
lpr rst image-file savehist paren woman man ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
init-helm-thierry helm-descbinds helm-sys popup helm-ring helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug helm-mode helm-files rx image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete format-spec
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep
wgrep-helm wgrep grep helm-regexp helm-external helm-net browse-url xml
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap helm-utils compile comint
ansi-color ring helm-help helm-types helm helm-source cl-seq
eieio-compat eieio helm-multi-match helm-lib dired
helm-extensions-autoloads eieio-core helm-config helm-autoloads
helm-easymenu cl-macs async-bytecomp advice async mb-depth edmacro
kmacro use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf
slime-autoloads info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv time-date avoid cus-start
cus-load cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 621410 145601)
 (symbols 48 58359 8)
 (miscs 40 378 1903)
 (strings 32 151915 129503)
 (string-bytes 1 4775594)
 (vectors 16 82527)
 (vector-slots 8 1218618 72842)
 (floats 8 2705 1206)
 (intervals 56 1941 1329)
 (buffers 976 111)
 (heap 1024 65327 35174))

-- 
Thierry