Subject: bug#24431: closed (Re: bug#24431: 25.1.50; Wrong indentation in C++ mode when calling constructors with braces)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24431: 25.1.50; Wrong indentation in C++ mode when calling constructors with braces

which was filed against the emacs,cc-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24431: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24431
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24431: 25.1.50; Wrong indentation in C++ mode when calling constructors with braces
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 20:32:59 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello again, Matthias.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 21:28:58 +0100, Matthias Meulien wrote:
> Le dimanche 01 janvier 2017 à 14:32 +0000, Alan Mackenzie a écrit :

> I am sorry I am in the process of leaving my current living place and
> I've not found time to test your diff.  I don't know when I'll do it
> since I've so much work to do in my new apartment. Once more, I am
> really sorry...

Hope the move has gone/is going OK.

In the end, I discovered the patch I sent you was only half finished.
I've now finished the fix, and committed it, both to CC Mode and to Emacs
savannah.

I'd still be happy to hear of any testing you manage to get done on it,
particularly if anything is still buggy.

In the meantime, I'm closing the bug.

> -- 
> Matthias

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 25.1.50; Wrong indentation in C++ mode when calling constructors with braces
From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 23:10:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Just type the following lines in a buffer with c++-mode enabled:

struct line_t;
struct point_t;

void set_line(line_t);

set_line(line_t(point_t(0.4, 0.2),
		point_t(0.2, 0.5)));

set_line(line_t{point_t{0.4, 0.2},
      point_t{0.2, 0.5}}); // wrong identation

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-08-27 built on carbon
Repository revision: 1c7166a3ba399efbefc65feb8a6a41ef0dfa33a4
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11804000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer [2 times]

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs subr-x puny seq byte-
opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-
config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham
georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 119083 7504)
 (symbols 48 23053 0)
 (miscs 40 110 129)
 (strings 32 23513 4635)
 (string-bytes 1 842378)
 (vectors 16 16890)
 (vector-slots 8 475357 2393)
 (floats 8 192 56)
 (intervals 56 535 172)
 (buffers 976 12))