Subject: bug#24404: Calibre can't find QtWebKitWidgets

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 11:26:47 +0200

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 10:50:38PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I can't get our Calibre package to work. I'm using Guix on Debian.
> 
> $ git describe
> v0.11.0-933-g56ab55d
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix environment --fallback --ad-hoc calibre -- calibre
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/bin/.calibre-real", line 20, in <module>
>     sys.exit(calibre())
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 63, in calibre
>     main(args)
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 525, in main
>     gui_debug=gui_debug)
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 371, in run_gui
>     from calibre.gui2.ui import Main
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 42, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.init import LibraryViewMixin, LayoutMixin
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/init.py", line 19, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.library.views import BooksView, DeviceBooksView
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 19, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.library.delegates import (RatingDelegate, PubDateDelegate,
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/library/delegates.py", line 23, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.dialogs.comments_dialog import CommentsDialog
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/dialogs/comments_dialog.py", line 9, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.dialogs.comments_dialog_ui import Ui_CommentsDialog
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/dialogs/comments_dialog_ui.py", line 41, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.comments_editor import Editor
>   File "/gnu/store/crkc1353vi5ll0686fvp4z9mzq8ln6nx-calibre-2.63.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/comments_editor.py", line 18, in <module>
>     from PyQt5.QtWebKitWidgets import QWebView, QWebPage
> ImportError: No module named QtWebKitWidgets
> 
> 

I believe this is related to our pyqt packages.  Currently they are
built with just qtbase, but looking at Debian as an example, I found this:

efraim@macbook42:~$ apt-cache search pyqt5
python-dbus-dev - main loop integration development files for python-dbus
pyqt5-dev - Development files for PyQt5
pyqt5-dev-tools - Development tools for PyQt5
pyqt5-doc - Documentation for PyQt5
pyqt5-examples - Examples and demos for PyQt5
python-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 - D-Bus Qt main loop support for Python 2
python-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5-dbg - D-Bus Qt main loop support for Python 2 (debug extension)
python-pyqt5 - Python 2 bindings for Qt5
python-pyqt5-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5 (debug extensions)
python-pyqt5.qtmultimedia - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's Multimedia module
python-pyqt5.qtmultimedia-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's Multimedia module (debug extensions)
python-pyqt5.qtopengl - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's OpenGL module
python-pyqt5.qtopengl-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's OpenGL module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtpositioning - Python 2 bindings for QtPositioning module
python-pyqt5.qtpositioning-dbg - Python 2 bindings for QtPositioning module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtquick - Python 2 bindings for QtQuick module
python-pyqt5.qtquick-dbg - Python 2 bindings for QtQuick module (debug extensions)
python-pyqt5.qtsensors - Python 2 bindings for QtSensors module
python-pyqt5.qtsensors-dbg - Python 2 bindings for QtSensors module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtserialport - Python 2 bindings for QtSerialPort module
python-pyqt5.qtserialport-dbg - Python 2 bindings for QtSerialPort module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtsql - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's SQL module
python-pyqt5.qtsql-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's SQL module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtsvg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's SVG module
python-pyqt5.qtsvg-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's SVG module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtwebkit - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module
python-pyqt5.qtwebkit-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module (debug extensions)
python-pyqt5.qtwebsockets - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's WebSockets module
python-pyqt5.qtwebsockets-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's WebSockets module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtx11extras - Python 2 bindings for QtX11Extras module
python-pyqt5.qtx11extras-dbg - Python 2 bindings for QtX11Extras module (debug extension)
python-pyqt5.qtxmlpatterns - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's XmlPatterns module
python-pyqt5.qtxmlpatterns-dbg - Python 2 bindings for Qt5's XmlPatterns module (debug extension)
python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 - D-Bus Qt main loop support for Python 3
python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5-dbg - D-Bus Qt main loop support for Python 3 (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5 - Python 3 bindings for Qt5
python3-pyqt5-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5 (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qtmultimedia - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's Multimedia module
python3-pyqt5.qtmultimedia-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's Multimedia module (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qtopengl - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's OpenGL module
python3-pyqt5.qtopengl-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's OpenGL module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtpositioning - Python 3 bindings for QtPositioning module
python3-pyqt5.qtpositioning-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtPositioning module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtquick - Python 3 bindings for QtQuick module
python3-pyqt5.qtquick-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtQuick module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtsensors - Python 3 bindings for QtSensors module
python3-pyqt5.qtsensors-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtSensors module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtserialport - Python 3 bindings for QtSerialPort module
python3-pyqt5.qtserialport-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtSerialPort module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtsql - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SQL module
python3-pyqt5.qtsql-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SQL module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtsvg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SVG module
python3-pyqt5.qtsvg-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SVG module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module
python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qtwebsockets - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebSockets module
python3-pyqt5.qtwebsockets-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebSockets module (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qtx11extras - Python 3 bindings for QtX11Extras module
python3-pyqt5.qtx11extras-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtX11Extras module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtxmlpatterns - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's XmlPatterns module
python3-pyqt5.qtxmlpatterns-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's XmlPatterns module (debug extension)
python-qtpy - abtraction layer for PySide/PyQt4/PyQt5 (Python 2)
python3-qtpy - abtraction layer for PySide/PyQt4/PyQt5 (Python 3)
pyqt5.qsci-dev - Development files for Python Qscintilla2 (Qt5)
python-pyqt5.qsci - Python bindings for QScintilla 2 with Qt 5
python-pyqt5.qsci-dbg - Python bindings for QScintilla 2 (Qt 5 debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qsci - Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 with Qt 5
python3-pyqt5.qsci-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 (Qt 5 debug extensions)

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted