Subject: Re: bug#24404: "calibre" package fails to build.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 14:30:20 +0200

Hello Efraim,

thanks for all your work on the patch - you should have added a
"Co-authored-by" line!

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 07:41:31PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> > The new qtwebkit fails to build for me. This is the tail of the output:

For me it also fails on x86_64, but due to a lack of disk space. The build
directory fills 12 GB!!!

$ du -h /tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/lib/libQt5WebKit.so.5.212.0
2,6G	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/lib/libQt5WebKit.so.5.212.0

So apparently the resulting library has more then 2 GB?!

$ du -smc /tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/*
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/CMakeFiles
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/CTestTestfile.cmake
2034	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/JavaScriptCore
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/Makefile
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/Qt5WebKitConfig.cmake
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/Qt5WebKitConfigVersion.cmake
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/Qt5WebKitWidgetsConfig.cmake
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/Qt5WebKitWidgetsConfigVersion.cmake
5	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/ThirdParty
16	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/WTF
3130	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/WebCore
140	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/WebKit
700	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/WebKit2
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/cmake_install.cmake
1	/tmp/guix-build-qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha2.drv-0/build/Source/cmake_uninstall.cmake
6022	total

This is also suspicious. Where are these 6 GB of "Source" coming from?
The source of the package itself has only 13 MB.

All this time and space just to be able to read and convert a few ebooks!

Andreas