Subject: Re: "calibre" package fails to build.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 20:48:22 +0200

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 09:38:30PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> I see a new version of Calibre was just pushed to master, does that
> build as expected?

Yes and no; it builds, but then using it fails with
...
  File "/gnu/store/brj5xv8zqa1w7byz8b1fz0fd1hmy3kd4-calibre-3.28.0/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/comments_editor.py", line 17, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWebKitWidgets import QWebView, QWebPage
ImportError: No module named QtWebKitWidgets

Gentoo moved to a new snapshot of qtwebkit:
   https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8226560.html?sid=cdd617a96f698cdc99a6156a22a4a54f
They claim this solved their problems.

The current git server of qtwebkit is here:
   https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebkit.git

I am downloading version 5.212.0-alpha2 from here:
   https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases
and will give it a try.

Andreas