Subject: bug#24395: auto-revert-remote-files freezes emacs (Windows 64-bit)

From: Andreas Nilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 15:17:48 +0200

Den Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:54:38 +0200
skrev Re: bug#24395: auto-revert-remote-files freezes emacs (Windows
64-bit):

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > How many files have you opened (you say "lots of files")? Could it
> > be that you haved stressed poor little Emacs too much, out of what
> > is a fair use? Every remote file in auto-revert-mode needs to be
> > polled every 5 seconds for changes.
> >
> > How does it work, if you increase auto-revert-interval to a larger
> > number, say 20?
> >
> > Could you bisect your init file in order to find the culprit which
> > makes Emacs unresponsible for C-g?  
> 
> Ping.
> 
> Best regards, Michael.

Hello!

I just tried the same thing with Tramp+SCP in Arch, nothing to report.
I guess this is a problem with Plink and Tramp toghether (Windows).
Maybe the bug is not at all in Emacs but instead in Plink? At least
this is reported as a problem, I will keep in touch if I experience
anything using SCP.

Regards,
Andreas