Subject: bug#34172: closed (Re: bug#24394: 25.1.50; (find-file "/sudo::") ignores async-shell-command-buffer settings)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 12:44:03 +0000

Your bug report

#24394: 27.0.50; async-shell-command-buffer value is not honored in dired under Tramp

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24394: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24394
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24394: 25.1.50; (find-file "/sudo::") ignores async-shell-command-buffer settings
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 13:43:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Tino,

> Thank you Michael!
> I just tested it now and I confirm it is fixed.

Thanks, I'm closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 27.0.50; async-shell-command-buffer value is not honored in dired under Tramp
From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:43:30 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1) emacs -Q -nw

2) Eval this: (setq async-shell-command-buffer 'rename-buffer)

3) Run async shell command (M-&) with this: "while true; do echo 'sleep
1 s'; sleep 1; done".  It creates buffer *Async Shell Command*

4) Run it again, it correctly renames original buffer into ...<2> and
runs (second) command being launched in *Async Shell Command*

5) Then open dired via tramp, I used this: /sudo:root@localhost:/tmp

6) From this dired buffer, repeat steps 3 and 4.  At step 4 I'm asked
whether I want to kill existing running command, which would correspond
to async-shell-command-buffer set to `confirm-kill-process' (but it has
different value).

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.2 (Build 18C54))
 of 2019-01-22 built on fgunbin.local
Repository revision: c580081578edf8663e80cd86a1b4de377be58dc1
Repository branch: master
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.2