Subject: bug#24354: bug#30235: [patch] undo-tree byte-compiler warnings

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 13:51:14 +0200

Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not sure if this is the right place to submit patches for ELPA
> packages, but I couldn't find anywhere else to go. Let me know if this
> should go some place else.
>
> This patch silences several byte compiler warnings, mostly having to do
> with unused lexical variables in loops.

The unused dolist fixes look OK, but they could also be rewritten as

(cl-loop repeat ...
         do ...)

to avoid the binding altogether.

The other changes (time-subtract/subtract-time) I'm not so sure about,
because ELPA things are supposed to work across a large number of Emacs
versions, and time-subtract is newer than subtract-time.

The same with the other obsolete functions -- you're bound to get those
warnings in ELPA packages.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no