Subject: Re: bug#24339: 24.5; Need double c-g to quit from a minibuffer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:41:54 -0400

Yujie Zhou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dear Emacs maintainers,
>
> on this device I need double pressing C-g to quit from a minibuffer,
> even starting from 'emacs -Q'. More specifically, after pressing C-x 
> C-f, if I do not realease the control botton, I only need one C-g to
> quit the minibuffer. But if I realease, I need two. If I only press
> C-g 
> once, the minibuffer shows the text quit, but the cursor is still
> focused on the minibufer, and I have to press C-g again within 3
> seconds, otherwise the Find-File minibuffer reappears after the text
> quit fades in 3 seconds. And in that case, I need to double-press
> again to quit.

You've mentioned at http://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/26715/5296

    I solved this myself by switching off the option of Show position of
    pointer when the Control key is pressed in Linux mouse setting. I
    guess there is some conflict between Emacs and this option.

so it seems some OS feature might be modifying the keystrokes that Emacs
sees.  Can you show the contents <f1> l (view-lossage) after you've hit
C-g with this option on?