Subject: bug#24339: 24.5; Need double c-g to quit from a minibuffer

From: Yujie Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:47:45 +0200

Dear Emacs maintainers,

on this device I need double pressing C-g to quit from a minibuffer, 
even starting from 'emacs -Q'. More specifically, after pressing C-x 
C-f, if I do not realease the control botton, I only need one C-g to 
quit the minibuffer. But if I realease, I need two. If I only press C-g 
once, the minibuffer shows the text quit, but the cursor is still 
focused on the minibufer, and I have to press C-g again within 3 
seconds, otherwise the Find-File minibuffer reappears after the text 
quit fades in 3 seconds. And in that case, I need to double-press again 
to quit.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
of 2016-06-04 on juergen
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
-fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit [4 times]
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 72187 3878)
(symbols 48 17717 0)
(miscs 40 37 113)
(strings 32 9260 4752)
(string-bytes 1 254488)
(vectors 16 9018)
(vector-slots 8 385729 15205)
(floats 8 64 148)
(intervals 56 189 4)
(buffers 960 12)
(heap 1024 8634 1063))