Subject: maint: fix gzip-specific syntax-check rule

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:31:09 -0700

I noticed that "make syntax-check" was failing. Here's the fix I've pushed:
From 717269a54752587aa3712046cdec2aa321f4d227 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:28:48 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] maint: fix gzip-specific syntax-check rule

* cfg.mk (sc_gzip_copyright_check): This rule had two problems.
It was failing erroneously (the copyright date in gzip.c is fine),
yet it was complaining.  The first problem is that the rule's
diagnostic mentioned the wrong file: lib/version-etc.c, rather than
./gzip.c. The second problem is that it specified this file name
via "in_files" rather than the "in_vc_files" variable.
---
 cfg.mk | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/cfg.mk b/cfg.mk
index 8730ed1..fd287f2 100644
--- a/cfg.mk
+++ b/cfg.mk
@@ -62,8 +62,8 @@ sc_prohibit_emacs__indent_tabs_mode__setting:

 sc_gzip_copyright_check:
 	@require='Copyright \(C\) '$$(date +%Y)' Free'			\
-	in_files=$(srcdir)/gzip.c					\
-	halt='out of date copyright in $(v_etc_file); update it'	\
+	in_vc_files=$(srcdir)/gzip.c					\
+	halt="out of date copyright in $$in_files; update it"		\
 	  $(_sc_search_regexp)

 include $(srcdir)/dist-check.mk
-- 
2.7.4