Subject: bug#24332: closed (Re: bug#24332: 25.1; pop-to-buffer error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24332: 25.1; pop-to-buffer error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24332: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24332
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24332: 25.1; pop-to-buffer error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 00:12:24 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2016-08-30 12:33 +0200, martin rudalics wrote:
> I pushed a fix to master.  Please have a look (around, maybe).

Commit: 4961cc3f

> Thank you, martin

Thanks for the quick fix. Closing. 

Leo

Subject: 25.1; pop-to-buffer error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:48:18 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

pop-to-buffer assumes display-buffer always return a window and
(select-window window norecord) but it can cause error like this (due to
(allow-no-window . t)):

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil)
  select-window(nil nil)
  pop-to-buffer("*compile*" t nil)
  switch-to-buffer-other-window("*compile*")
  ido-visit-buffer("*compile*" other-window t)
  ido-buffer-internal(other-window switch-to-buffer-other-window)
  ido-switch-buffer-other-window()
  funcall-interactively(ido-switch-buffer-other-window)
  call-interactively(ido-switch-buffer-other-window nil nil)
  command-execute(ido-switch-buffer-other-window)