Subject: bug#24331: mkdir_p definition in po/Makefile.in.in

From: Santiago Vila <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 23:24:46 +0200 (CEST)

Greetings.

I'm planning to update the Debian package for diffutils.
The current patches are here:

http://sources.debian.net/src/diffutils/1:3.3-3/debian/patches/

Clearly, these four:

01-workaround-for-failing-gnulib-test
03-tune-compare-names-for-qsort
04-add-escapes-for-braces-in-perl-regex
99-config-guess-config-sub

are not required anymore.

But I'm in doubt about this one:

02-fix-mkdir-p-definition-in-po-makefile-in-in

because it would apply cleanly to diffutils-3.5 if I keep it.

The problem such patch was supposed to fix was this one:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-diffutils/2013-08/msg00010.html

and apparently the patch is not needed anymore.

So, to be sure: Would somebody know why the patch was required in
diffutils-3.3 and not anymore in diffutils-3.5?

Thanks.