Subject: Re: bug#24307: GNU Emacs 25.1.1 repeated system crash

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:36:55 +0200

This morning the keyboard messed up X-wide - backspace in X didn't work 
any more.

Wrote the following into some buffer in sh-mode:

${WERKSTATT=1}

See attached png what was displayed, when trying to M-x report-emacs-bug 
from emacs -Q

Send the results of M-x report-emacs-bug after restart, which might 
provide some info still.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
  of 2016-08-22 built on sprache
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading 
/home/speck/.emacs.d/session.2f82803a4-a0e9-4eb9-8a7b-41136a5e202b...done
Restored session data

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 159575 7353)
  (symbols 24 38009 0)
  (miscs 20 45 138)
  (strings 16 50161 4964)
  (string-bytes 1 716907)
  (vectors 8 12699)
  (vector-slots 4 462985 5518)
  (floats 8 166 63)
  (intervals 28 187 14)
  (buffers 520 18)
  (heap 1024 19124 913))