Subject: Re: bug#24299: perl-mode: mismatched parenthesis message

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 06:00:22 +0200

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> All I know is when inserting the final ], a mismatched parenthesis /
> no matching parenthesis found message appeared in the minibuffer
> (depending on the code above it. Anyways, both wrong.)
>
> $visit{$visit_id}{name} = $1         if #m!href="/users/(\d+)/profile">([^<]+)!;
>      /<img alt="Photo of ([^"]+)/;

I can reproduce this on Emacs 26.2, but I see this also without the
first line.

In other words, under "emacs -Q" and M-x perl-mode, when I type:

/<img alt="Photo of ([^"

And then type the final "]", I get the message "No matching parenthesis
found".

> Furthermore, that message should be recorded in the C-h e list.

I'm not sure -- should it?

> emacs-version "24.5.1"

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas