Subject: bug#24298: Acknowledgement (25.1; problem with restoring desktop)

From: John Covici <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 11:02:47 -0500

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 10:50:05 -0500,
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 10:02:11 -0500
> > From: John Covici <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > 
> > I can reproduce this with a  desktop with just two buffers, what
> > happens is when the commit is there, the wrong buffer is the current
> > one and  if I do c-x-b it has the scratch buffer as the next one
> > rather than the previous buffer.  For instance in the desktop I will
> > send you, the current buffer is the Makefile, but when I restore the
> > desktop, default.xml is made the current buffer instead and the
> > scratch buffer is the default for c-x-b.
> 
> The desktop file you sent doesn't have Makefile, it has default.xml
> and brltty-9999.ebuild.  The buffer that's expected to be the current
> one after restoring is the first one in the list, and in your case
> it's default.xml.  So if that buffer becomes the current after
> restoring desktop, I don't see a problem in the restore stage, and
> don't understand how that commit could have changed this.
> 
> What do you see in the list returned by buffer-list, before you end a
> session?  The buffers are recorded in the desktop file in the order
> they appear in that list, and in my case, this is the current buffer
> when I invoke desktop-save.

I am sorry, it wasn't a makefile, you are correct.  OK, let me try
again.  Before the restore commit, when I enter emacs, the current
buffer is brltty-9999.ebuild but after the commit the current buffer
is the default.xml.    Before the restore commit, if I do c-x-b the
default buffer it wants to switch to is default.xml.  After the
restore commit, when the current buffer is default.xml when it should
be brltty-9999.ebuild the default buffer to switch to is the scratch
buffer.  In a desktop with many buffers, after the restore commit, it
seems to pick a random buffer to be the current buffer rather than the
one it should be.

I hope this is clear now.

-- 
Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         [email-masked]