Subject: bug#24293: 25.1; Display bug: icomplete prompt not visible with icomplete-separator "\n"

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:44:12 +0200

Hello,

In emacs -Q, eval

  (setq icomplete-separator "\n")

and do

  M-x icomplete-mode <return>

Then, e.g.

  M-x m

The icomplete minibuffer prompt is invisible (bug).

But you see that it's "there" when you hit <left>.  And changing the
value of `resize-mini-windows' to nil makes the issue disappear - so I
think this is caused by a problem in the display code.

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.7)
 of 2016-08-20 built on drachen
Repository revision: e7cf48d52c2c06809e1a8d1f9acd670f78d43c47
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix