Subject: bug#24291: display-time-world seems to ignore zoneinfo-style-world-list when display-time-mode is t

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 13:00:55 -0400

Hello Paul,

At 00:10 -0700 on Monday 2017-10-02, Paul Eggert wrote:
>
> This seems to be a clear bug in time.el, as a customizable
> variable's initial value should not depend on that of another
> customizable variable. Proposed patch attached.

I have just tested your proposed patch, and it fixes the problem
here.

(I'm on a recent version of the emacs-26 branch:

In GNU Emacs 26.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.17)
 of 2017-10-02 built on moondust.localdomain
Repository revision: 8b2ab5014b2c1641bb62efa63b9ee54b4c056b5a
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

.)

Thank you.

N.