Subject: bug#24280: 25.1; emacs crashes in x2go session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 22:37:02 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: [email-masked]
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 20:58:42 +0200
>> 
>> I had a brief look at commenting out the tooltip code but it wasn't
>> immediately obvious how to do that.
>
> What tooltip code? the Emacs tooltip code?  It isn't being called in
> the backtrace you show.  They are all GTK functions, from libgtk and
> libgdk.  It sounds like Emacs has nothing to do with that, it just
> calls xg_select, as always when it waits for input.

I tried compiling emacs with gtk2, and this emacs does not display this
tooltip crash.

This isn't a very happy workaround for me as I wanted to work on the
xwidget code on my new machine.

-- 
Joakim Verona