Subject: issue with configure script in git

From: Rishabh Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 23:12:48 +0530

Hello,

I am trying to build the source code from git repository but came
across this error -

  ./configure: line 7227: syntax error near unexpected token `0.9.0'
  ./configure: line 7227: `PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG(0.9.0)'

I did lookup for "syntax error near unexpected token" with
"PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG" on web but did not find a definite or helpful
solution. I tried reading output and found this (below) but mostly I
don't know how to relate what is in the manual to the problem I am
facing.

  autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
  autoreconf: running: true --force
  autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4 --force
  m4/pkg.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
  m4/pkg.m4:4:   run info Automake 'Extending aclocal'
  m4/pkg.m4:4:   or see
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

Can I receive some help? A pointer to solution or something like that
that would transform dont-know the-problem to a large homework would
also suffice.  :)

I have attached output of configure and bootstrap.

Sincerely,
Rishabh