Subject: bug#24254: closed (Re: bug#24254: issue with configure script in git)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 08:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24254: issue with configure script in git

which was filed against the grep package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24254: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24254
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24254: issue with configure script in git
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Rishabh Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 00:35:43 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

No further comment and it has been a while, so closing the bug report.

Subject: issue with configure script in git
From: Rishabh Dave <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 23:12:48 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I am trying to build the source code from git repository but came
across this error -

  ./configure: line 7227: syntax error near unexpected token `0.9.0'
  ./configure: line 7227: `PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG(0.9.0)'

I did lookup for "syntax error near unexpected token" with
"PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG" on web but did not find a definite or helpful
solution. I tried reading output and found this (below) but mostly I
don't know how to relate what is in the manual to the problem I am
facing.

  autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
  autoreconf: running: true --force
  autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4 --force
  m4/pkg.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
  m4/pkg.m4:4:   run info Automake 'Extending aclocal'
  m4/pkg.m4:4:   or see
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

Can I receive some help? A pointer to solution or something like that
that would transform dont-know the-problem to a large homework would
also suffice.  :)

I have attached output of configure and bootstrap.

Sincerely,
Rishabh