Subject: bug#24239: 25.1; Potential regression: Multibyte text in HTTP request

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:23:50 +0200

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 08/15/2016 09:58 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:
>> I'm using Emacs 25 rc1 and org-caldav from
>> https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav. The function #'org-caldav-sync
>> (https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav/blob/master/org-caldav.el#L524)
>> raises an error when a local event with accented characters is sent to
>> the remote cardav server.
>
> org-caldav probably binds url-request-data to a multibyte string. It
> should convert that to unibyte.

thank you very much for your very fast answer. I hope that will help me
fix my problem. Can you please help me understand what you say by
answering these questions? Thanks.

- what will happen to my multibyte characters (such as ⇒) that I'm using
  for months and that worked well with Emacs 24?

- where is the unibyte conversion requirement discussed in the url
  library documentation?

- where is the behavior change discussed in the Emacs' changelog?

Thank you again.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill