Subject: Re: bug#24231: 25.1.1: sudo displays password

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:18:15 +0200

Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hallo Michael,

Hi Andreas,

> sorry continuing so late.
>
> Checked with eshell, which hides the password, displaying just spots.

Eshell uses `eshell-password-prompt-regexp' for password watching, while
shell-mode uses `comint-password-prompt-regexp'. 

> From there think it would be worth fixing it at Emacs-shell.

I don't know whether it is applicable to use the more simple
`eshell-password-prompt-regexp' in shell-mode. I guess there is a reason
to use `comint-password-prompt-regexp' there.

Why do you oppose to the solution I've proposed, setting "SUDO_PROMPT"
in your .emacs?

> Best,
> Andreas

Best regards, Michael.