Subject: 25.1.50; vc-mode and svn+ssh:// URLs

From: [email-masked] (Alfred M. Szmidt)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 03:33:40 -0400

When working with SVN repositories and doing C-x v l on a file I get
the following:

  Working file: /home/ams/Makefile
  svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn+ssh://carbonium/svn/com/ams/trunk/Makefile'
  svn: E210002: To better debug SSH connection problems, remove the -q option from 'ssh' in the [tunnels] section of your Subversion configuration file.
  svn: E210002: Network connection closed unexpectedly

Commiting and other operations fail as well, but only if one uses the
svn+ssh:// protocol.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-07-24 built on scandium
Repository revision: 098d29af10a869e65a36804579f16edc49aabcfa
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Loading /home/ams-work/loaddefs.el (source)...done
Loading /home/ams-work/private/rcirc.el (source)...done
Loading /home/ams-work/private/pivotal-tracker.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Making completion list...
Source file ‘/home/ams/emacs/lisp/gnus/message.el’ newer than byte-compiled file
Source file ‘/home/ams/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-decode.el’ newer than byte-compiled file

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/misc hides /home/ams/emacs/lisp/misc
~/loaddefs hides /home/ams/emacs/lisp/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow mailalias emacsbug message puny seq byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader t-mouse term/linux
rcirc ring mail-queue cl-macs sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-dispatcher vc-svn time-date autoload
radix-tree lisp-mnt cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util
disp-table tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101229 7825)
 (symbols 48 21238 0)
 (miscs 40 60 175)
 (strings 32 19392 5315)
 (string-bytes 1 603326)
 (vectors 16 12084)
 (vector-slots 8 411119 1578)
 (floats 8 184 255)
 (intervals 56 211 100)
 (buffers 976 13)
 (heap 1024 35908 869))