Subject: bug#24220: closed (Re: bug#24220: "failed to unpack source code" on guix pull)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 00:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24220: "failed to unpack source code" on guix pull

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24220: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24220
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24220: "failed to unpack source code" on guix pull
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Harry Prevor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:29:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`guix pull` has been completely overhauled since the bug was filed so
I'm closing it.

Subject: "failed to unpack source code" on guix pull
From: Harry Prevor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 18:05:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey all,

I'm running GuixSD on a Thinkpad X200. I typically run 'guix pull' 
almost every day without any troubles, but about two days ago I started 
getting this error every time I ran the command leaving me unable to 
update my system:

> Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.JNdnA7
> From 
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/snapshot/master.tar.gz...
>  ….tar.gz                                   1.4MiB/s 00:07 | 10.4MiB 
> transferred
> unpacking 
> '/gnu/store/q4zzpxpbbhwmwh4snisymlpf0p24ddk7-guix-latest.tar.gz'...
> guix pull: error: failed to unpack source code

What's odd about this, is the actual file 
/gnu/store/q4z...-guix-latest.tar.gz, appears to be a valid targz 
archive, and I'm able to unpack and repack that using tar manually just 
fine. 'realpath $(which tar)' returns 
'/gnu/store/ggmmcw327ny831gqd7zvi3hpl5fm23mn-tar-1.28/bin/tar', and I've 
done some basic tests which do confirm that binary seems to work. I'm 
not having any network problems otherwise.

What can I do to further debug / fix this?

P.S. I'm not subscribed to bug-guix, so please CC me in any responses to 
this thread!

Thanks,

-- 
Harry Prevor