Subject: bug#24208: closed (Re: bug#24208: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 20:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24208: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24208: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24208
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24208: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:13:22 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris wrote:

> You get rid of the message by stopping doing whatever you are doing to
> cause it. Normally it's only produced:
>
> 1) if you turn off recentf mode
> 2) when you exit Emacs
> 3) if you explicitly ask for the list to be saved
>
> So if for you it "keeps repeating at a certain interval", you should
> find the minimum example starting from emacs -Q that demonstrates the
> issue.

No response in months, closing.

Subject: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.
From: Joe M <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:39:19 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: joe general purpose user <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.
--text follows this line--

Hello,

I keep getting this message " Saving file
/home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does
not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message. It can get
annoying if the message keeps repeating at a certain interval.

For example, Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/em acs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /ho...

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2016-03-05 on master
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11704000
System Description:	Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --without-dbus --with-gpm
 --without-hesiod --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --without-xml2
 --without-selinux --with-gnutls --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=no --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf --with-gsettings
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --without-imagemagick --with-xft
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --without-xaw3d GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.5-r1 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -march=native -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Haskell

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  haskell-indentation-mode: t
  hindent-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  Info-breadcrumbs-in-mode-line-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diredp-highlight-autofiles-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-surround-mode: t
  surround-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-pretty-mode: t
  pretty-mode: t
  indent-guide-global-mode: t
  indent-guide-mode: t
  highlight-indentation-mode: t
  column-enforce-mode: t
  global-highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  global-evil-visualstar-mode: t
  evil-visualstar-mode: t
  evil-commentary-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Note: file is write protected
Using vacuous schema
Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/desktop/lock
Desktop: 1 frame, 77 buffers restored.
Starting Emacs daemon.
Scanning declarations in ProcessMarketsToChartData.hs... ( 95%)
Sorting declarations in ProcessMarketsToChartData.hs...done
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Scanning declarations in GetMarketsServer.hs... ( 96%)
Sorting declarations in GetMarketsServer.hs...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/j/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160808.2223/helm-multi-match hides /home/j/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160808.2154/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug winner helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
edebug server nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct haskell-doc
inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session haskell-hoogle xcscope
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb vc-git flyspell
init s ucs-normalize esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util mode-line-init
smart-mode-line rich-minority diminish helm-init ace-jump-helm-line
linum helm-descbinds helm-projectile helm-mode helm-files tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell ffap helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-info helm-locate
helm-external helm-net xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap helm-types helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils
helm-help helm-adaptive helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib
helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp async javascript-init
json-reformat js3-mode js3 imenu js3-parse js3-browse js3-highlight
js3-ast js3-messages js3-scan js3-util js3-vars cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs js3-externs barrelfish-init misc-modes google-c-style
ebuild-init idris-init idris-mode idris-commands idris-hole-list
idris-ipkg-mode idris-tree-info idris-warnings-tree idris-info
idris-repl idris-highlight-input idris-prover inferior-idris
idris-warnings idris-log idris-events idris-simple-indent idris-syntax
idris-common-utils idris-settings idris-keys idris-core idris-compat
eldoc prop-menu haskell-init smartparens-haskell haskell-mode
haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-compat haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake
dabbrev haskell-customize hindent lisp-init redshank-loader redshank
skeleton paredit vendor-init remaining-packages desktop frameset
yasnippet sr-speedbar warnings superword subword smex savehist
register-list projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer info+
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck json rx subr-x seq seq-24
dropdown-list dired+ image-dired image-file highlight dired-aux
bookmark+ bookmark+-key dired-x bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu help-mode
bookmark+-lit bookmark pp anzu mule-util aggressive-indent
auto-complete-init company pcase csv-init format-init etags
volatile-highlights surround smartparens-config smartparens-html
smartparens dash pretty-mode-plus indent-guide highlight-indentation
column-enforce-mode mu4e-init mutt-init org-init org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func site-gentoo mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-context mu4e-view cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs epa derived epg comint ansi-color mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
password-cache sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired mu4e-lists mu4e-vars
message idna format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader cl mu4e-meta
themes zenburn-theme easy-mmode highlight-parentheses keybindings
cl-macs gv avy evil-init evil-snipe evil-visualstar evil-commentary
evil-commentary-integration evil-escape evil evil-integration evil-maps
evil-commands evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search
evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common
windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring info undo-tree-init undo-tree
diff functions advice help-fns builtins ispell edmacro kmacro sgml-mode
hideshow rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok thingatpt w3m-load
browse-url whitespace help-at-pt hl-line time-date paren
builtins-locations recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib
easymenu saveplace package-init finder-inf package epg-config tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 903354 107318)
 (symbols 48 69318 0)
 (miscs 40 7455 357)
 (strings 32 172941 20344)
 (string-bytes 1 5324718)
 (vectors 16 91524)
 (vector-slots 8 1313654 7284)
 (floats 8 371 562)
 (intervals 56 15398 99)
 (buffers 960 96)
 (heap 1024 61843 2026))