Subject: bug#24203: closed (Re: bug#24203: 25.1.50; Shell mode displaying password prompt)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 08:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24203: 25.1.50; Shell mode displaying password prompt

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24203: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24203
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24203: 25.1.50; Shell mode displaying password prompt
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Marshall <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:33:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Robert Marshall <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Robert,

> Yes, I can confirm that this change fixes the problem

Thanks for checking. I'm closing the bug.

> Thank you
> Robert

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 25.1.50; Shell mode displaying password prompt
From: Robert Marshall <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:17:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On a git push to github within a *shell* buffer I get the following

$ git push
Username for 'https://github.com': MyUserName
Password for 'https://[email-masked]': 

and the password is echoed

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.42 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.25)
 of 2016-08-05 built on ct-lt-579
Repository revision: 6a9d967048f489bea8c716eb7b5be2c582b480bb
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pp ruby-mode url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth
mailalias smtpmail sendmail find-dired grep compile idlwave idlwave-help
idlw-help eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree
vc-annotate gnus-fun gnus-draft tabify imenu man log-view dired-aux
log-edit pcvs-util dabbrev misearch multi-isearch flow-fill conf-mode
bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone nnir qp eww mm-url url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf bug-reference add-log autoconf autoconf-mode rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diary-lib diary-loaddefs python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell advice json sh-script smie
executable cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs map autorevert filenotify dired-x bitbake dash
s ucs-normalize mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-utils mmm-compat cl term ehelp wconfig sort gnus-cite smiley
shr-color color url-util shr svg dom mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh
utf-7 nnfolder network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-sum mailcap bbdb-loaddefs
gnus-desktop-notify notifications dbus xml assoc gnus-demon nntp
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader wid-edit vc-git diff-mode flyspell ispell org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m edmacro kmacro
markdown-mode thingatpt org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func warnings server hyperbole hinit hibtypes
hib-doc-id hsys-w3 klink subr-x hib-kbd hib-debbugs hsys-org hactypes
hui-mini hui hui-mouse hui-window hargs hui-menu wrolo-menu wrolo hmail
hui-jmenu browse-url noutline outline easy-mmode hmouse-key hmouse-sh
hmouse-drv hypb locate dired dired-loaddefs hsite hui-em-but hbut hact
hpath hhist hbdata htz cal-julian cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap
hmoccur hui-select hvar set hversion hload-path desktop frameset
finder-inf info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 985494 212921)
 (symbols 48 59823 0)
 (miscs 40 1925 3235)
 (strings 32 157373 14708)
 (string-bytes 1 4955200)
 (vectors 16 90501)
 (vector-slots 8 2064026 221612)
 (floats 8 840 2031)
 (intervals 56 63447 2226)
 (buffers 976 304)
 (heap 1024 143937 28792))