Subject: RE: bug#24199: 25.0.94; icalendar-import-file translates "RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY; BYDAY=1WE; INTERVAL=1" to "(diary-date t 2 t)" which 1. is wrong 2. cannot be exported using icalendar-export-file

From: "cschr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:38:53 +0200

Im sorry i wasnt fully clear, Ulf

You might also want to have a look at bug#24198 which I raised in the same
context

Thank you so much for your kind efforts !    Im so happy that there is
Emacs, and Im very excited to use the Org Agenda, too
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulf Jasper [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 11 August 2016 18:11
To: cschr
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#24199: 25.0.94; icalendar-import-file translates
"RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY; BYDAY=1WE; INTERVAL=1" to "(diary-date t 2 t)" which 1.
is wrong 2. cannot be exported using icalendar-export-file

Am 11.08.2016 um 10:47 (+0200) schrieb cschr:

> running icalendar-import-file creates the following diary record (which 1.
> is wrong and 2. which cannot be exported using icalendar-export-file 
> because diary-date is not supported):
>
> %%(and (not (diary-date 1 6 2016)) (not (diary-date 2 3 2016)) (not 
> (diary-date 3 2 2016)) (not (diary-date 5 4 2016)) (not (diary-date 6 
> 1
> 2016)) (diary-date t 2 t) (diary-block 12 2 2015 1 1 9999)) Summary
> Desc: Desc
> Location: Loc

ad 1: I can confirm that the diary entry, that icalendar.el creates, is
      wrong.

      Expected result is
      - a monthly recurring event *on the first wednesday* of each
        month,
      - starting on 2015-12-2,
      - but not on 2016-06-01, 2016-03-02, 2016-02-03, 2016-04-05,
        2016-01-06
      - from 12:46 to 16:00

      Actual result is
      - a monthly recurring event *on every 2nd day* of each month,
      - starting on 2015-12-2,
      - but not on 2016-06-01, 2016-03-02, 2016-02-03, 2016-04-05,
        2016-01-06
      - from 12:46 to 16:00

      (Actually the result that you provided does not contain the time
      spec.  I presume that it got lost when you pasted it into the bug
      report.  By the way: next time please be a little more specific
      when claiming something is wrong -- thanks!)

ad 2: Cyclic import/export works only for simple diary and icalendar
      entries.  This is known, but unfortunately it is not documented in
      the manual.  (There are some remarks in the source file, however!)

I shall see to these issues.  Thanks for pointing out.

Ulf