Subject: Re: bug#24196: Minibuffer bottom-down arrow key is covered

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 06:43:49 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> After having started Emacs 24.5.1 using the emacs -Q command in Windows
>> 10 x64, the minibuffer is still not displayed correctly:
>>
>> The bottom-down arrow key is slightly covered, since the space for it is
>> not sufficient.
>>
>> Having checked C-h v resize-mini-windows, I get the value
>> grow-only. Also setting it to 't' doesn't resolve the problem either.
>
> Please tell us your default font, try to increase it (via Options->Set
> Default Font, for example) and, if that helps, tell us the minimal
> default font needed to make the arrow fully visible.  While this will
> probably not enable us to fix the problem we can document it better.
>
> IIRC Jan eventually removed scroll bars from GTK-controlled minibuffer
> windows for a similar reason.
>
> Thanks, martin

Hi Nicolas,

Are you still seeing this problem?  If yes, could you take a look at the
questions posed by Martin Rudalics above?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas