Subject: Re: bug#24188: gnucash needs gtk+ in propagated-inputs

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 12:00:36 +0200

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

> I installed gnucash with `guix package -i gnucash`. When I attempt to
> run it, it fails with the following error message:
>
> **
> gnc.gui:ERROR:gnc-icons.c:96:gnc_add_stock_icon_pair: assertion failed: (pixbuf1 && pixbuf2)
> fish: 'gnucash' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)
>
> However within an environment created by `guix environment --ad-hoc
> gtk+`, gnucash runs fine. So, I'm guessing gtk+ needs to be in gnucash's
> propagated-inputs.

I cannot reproduce this.  I don’t have gtk+ installed in a profile and
Gnucash starts up just fine.

The following environment variables are set which may make a difference
here:

  GUIX_GTK3_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/gtk-3.0
  GUIX_GTK2_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/gtk-2.0
  GTK_DATA_PREFIX=/run/current-system/profile

~~ Ricardo