Subject: 25.1; Doc of parse-sexp-ignore-comments: what does a value of nil mean?

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 01:28:30 +0200

Hello,

in the docstring of `parse-sexp-ignore-comments' (or at least in the
manual), I miss a description about what a value of nil exactly means:
How are comments treated then?  Are they treated as separate units that
can then be parsed as well, but separately from code, or are they treated
as indistinguishable from code?

For example, if parsing starts from within a comment, and parsing finds
the end of the comment and is not yet finished, is parsing just
continued inside the following code, or does it fail?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-08-04 built on drachen
Repository revision: 72221f51439d666d54f5d147f00ecdbb3778ab1b
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11