Subject: bug#24169: 25.1.50; Line numbers disappear when horizontally scrolled

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 20:44:20 +0100

ivan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Using linum-mode displays line numbers to the left of the left
> fringe. I would expect them to remain visible regardless of any
> horizontal scrolling, since that's how the left fringe behaves (not to
> mention numerous other editors and applications). However, when using
> line-truncation, the line numbers disappear when the text is
> horizontally scrolled. I think this is worth fixing, because it would
> be more useful and look better (the dead space takes up screen
> real-estate and makes me sad).

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

In Emacs 26.1, a different line number mode was added (via
`display-line-numbers'), so we're not really fixing glitches like this
in linum-mode, so I'm therefore closing this as a "wontfix".

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no