Subject: bug#24164: 25.1.50; `global-linum-mode' with text scaling

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:18:32 -0700 (PDT)

emacs -Q

(global-linum-mode t)

Increase text size several times: `C-x = = = = = ='.

Decrease it several times: `C-x - - - - - -'.

Each time you increase, the space for the line numbers, to the left of
the fringe, is enlarged.  When you decrease, that space is not reduced.
The margin should reflect the apparent size of the line numbers, not
some previous, larger size

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-12-10
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk --enable-checking=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-Og
 -ggdb3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''