Subject: bug#24163: closed (nothing to fix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:52:03 +0000

Your bug report

#24163: 25.1; ada mode and empty lines indentation

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24163: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24163
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: nothing to fix
From: Stephen Leake <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:51:47 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

-- 
-- Stephe

Subject: 25.1; ada mode and empty lines indentation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 17:15:51 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Open an Ada file (ada-mode should be loaded).
In a section where the code is indented, tap return n times.
You just made n empty indented lines while the first n-1 lines should'nt be
indented (as all other programming modes do).
There are some settings in the ada-mode customization panel, but none
help fixing that, this is a bug of the ada-mode and has been for a long time.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-07-25 built on buildhw-08.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ada

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/fantomas/Documents/MOOCs/Algo/graph.ads
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/fantomas/Documents/MOOCs/Algo/strongly_connected_components.adb...
Wrote /home/fantomas/Documents/MOOCs/Algo/strongly_connected_components.adb
Compilation finished
Auto-saving...done
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer
C-x C-g is undefined
Undo! [2 times]
(New file)

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/maxima-modes hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/maxima/site_start.d/maxima-modes

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils
cl-extra help-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib shell
pcomplete ada-mode advice easymenu compile comint ansi-color ring
which-func imenu align find-file dired time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 123380 4135)
 (symbols 48 23278 0)
 (miscs 40 160 406)
 (strings 32 24552 4774)
 (string-bytes 1 843810)
 (vectors 16 16190)
 (vector-slots 8 478330 5517)
 (floats 8 186 311)
 (intervals 56 865 0)
 (buffers 976 23)
 (heap 1024 30893 1168))