Subject: Re: bug#24117: 25.1; url-http-create-request: Multibyte text in HTTP request

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 09:32:44 -0400

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 04:56:58 +0300 Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

DG> Hi Eli,
DG> On 08/04/2016 08:02 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Hmm, but url-generic-parse-url is called from gazillion other places,
>> so maybe this is not safe.

DG> Only about 40 places, all of them either in lisp/url or lisp/gnus. Sadly, Lars
DG> is being silent on the matter.

DG> It might not be 100% safe, but maybe doing TRT could be enough.

Lars tends to work in batches (from experience) so waiting on him can
take a while. Looking at the discussion, I think the change is OK. I've
CC-ed Katsumi Yamaoka since he may have some feedback as well.

If this is pushed, since it's a fairly low-level change, it should
include a test for the specific issue it fixes (I didn't see that in the
discussion so far). Then if we need to tune the code further, we'll have
something to keep us from creating a regression.

Thanks
Ted